Services Designed for the Individuals Who Need Them
Pride in North Carolina (PRIDE) offers a community-based network of services designed to meet the diverse needs children, adults, and families in need of support to address mental, emotional or developmental disabilities. This network of services is premised on the belief that programs for this population must be flexible and capable of adapting to the individual’s changing needs.
PRIDE services are rooted in the concept of normalization – the belief that persons with mental, emotional and developmental challenges are an integral part of their communities and should enjoy all the residential, recreational, educational, vocational, and social benefits offered.
PRIDE designs treatment services in collaboration with the individual, his/her family/guardian, involved agencies and any other people that are important in the life of the individual.
Who We Serve
Children and Families
PRIDE serves children of all ages and their families. Children may have emotional or behavioral difficulties and may or may not be in the custody of their parents. PRIDE provides support to the child and his/her family through services in the home designed to assist parents in learning more effective parenting strategies and to the child to learn more adaptive coping skills. For children that cannot remain in the home, PRIDE offers residential options including a 5-bed residential treatment facility.
Adults with Mental Illness
PRIDE serves adults with mental illness in their own homes and in the community. The focus of treatment for adults is learning to manage their mental illness, recognize decompensation triggers, and to develop the skills, social networks, and resources to live as independently and productively as possible.
Consumers with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities
PRIDE offers services that range in intensity and setting based on the individual’s needs and preferences. Services may be provided in the individual’s home and community to assist the caretaker in the day-to-day responsibilities that come with caring for a loved one, or services may be provided in a PRIDE setting such as a day activity program or residential program.
What We Need from You if Receiving Services from PRIDE
We want you as involved in the treatment process as possible. You are in the “driver’s seat” of the treatment process.
This requires a commitment to services. We realize that every person and his/her family is different, so this may mean different things for different families. But, basically a commitment to services will mean:
- Your involvement in the treatment planning process
- Attending appointments, such as doctor’s appointments, evaluations, diagnostic assessment and therapy
- A willingness to work with the Qualified Professional and other staff that may be assigned to you
- Being open to constructive and tactful feedback offered by our staff that may be sensitive in nature, such as parenting skills, communication skills, family dynamics, standard of living, morals/values and more
- Being open and honest with us regarding the progress that is or is not being made, staff issues, problems, concerns or changes you would like to see
- Providing us input by
- Utilizing the grievance procedure if you have a concern
- Completing surveys, and
- Providing us ongoing feedback about the services you receive so we can improve what we do
- If you receive 1:1 services, you may be asked to verify the staff’s time that they provided services.
- Maintaining the insurance of the individual served. (In the event that Medicaid or Health Choice Insurance is no longer valid, we expect you to notify the QP immediately.)
We Promise To
- Serve all clients
- Offer a sliding scale fee for those without insurance
- Not deny service based on a person’s:
- National Origin
- Sexual Orientation
- Inability to Pay
- Accept Insurance, including
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Private Insurance varies by provider
Contact a PRIDE in North Carolina Location Near You
Pride in North Carolina has 11 locations across the state.
Find the location nearest and most convenient for you.